Normally, I don't write about particular actors, but I am going to incorporate this into some of my favorite movies from this actor. I have been watching John's movies since I was a child. Some of my favorite movies from the 80's happen to star or feature a young John. "Sixteen Candles" is the first movie that I remember seeing him in. He may have played a small role in the movie but definately stood out. He continued to play some smaller roles, but started gaining starring roles in movies such as, "One Crazy Summer", "Better Off Dead" and then went on to star in one of the most beloved romantic comedies of the 80's "Say Anything".
As John started to mature and grow into more adult themed movies his acting skills grew with him. Not only can he star as a hitman in a movie but he can be totally charming as well.
I do believe that John is an underrated actor in Hollywood. Not only is he very talented but he has sisters and a brother that is also in the acting profession. His sister Joan has starred with him in several movies (including Sixteen Candles), I do believe that they bring out the best in each others acting abilities.
Check out my favorites, Sixteen Candles, One Crazy Summer, Grosse Point Blank, Identity, Hot Tub Time Machine.
Gourmet Review 8/10
No comments:
Post a Comment